Saturday 12 January 2013

Welcome 2013!



Stepping into 2013.

Where to begin well 2013 began the way we normally celebrate on new years day with a buffet and some board games. Whoever is around and not doing anything locally normally joins us for the madness too. The girls enjoy having new people round to play the games with especially ones that involve the element of surprise! Games are much more fun when there are even more people to play!

                          


            

                            

Becoming princesses for the day. 

Lillie and Evie are princess mad and where better to take any princess than a castle! So off we went to Warwick castle for the day. Guests going to the castle were Queen Mummy, Princess Lillie, Princess Evie and as Lillie said (which made me laugh) servant nanny, which didn't go down too well so it was quickly changed too Old Queen Nanny.

                 

The girls really enjoyed the castle and their favourite bit was the princess tower where we went up a tower and got to meet a princess who told us a story. The children then got given a pea to put under their mattress when they got home. The girls Loved sitting on the throne to have their photo taken too and I couldn't resist buying it either!

                        

Warwick Castle is a lovely place to visit especially in the summer. I have been twice before. Once on a school trip at 16 and once with my mum when I was about 12 I think. There are several things that have changed over the years and that's not only the massive cost of the place so be warned! When I was younger I climbed all the steps to the battlements and walked all around the castle. This time just the stairs inside exhausted me and their was enough of those but I wanted to take the girls whilst I was able too.

                        

There was plenty for us to look at inside though all the waxworks etc and the girls favourite the bird shows.

                       

                        

Evie loved how the owl could eat a whole baby chick. I thought she might have found it a bit disgusting but no she said 'I like chicken too.'

                                   

It was quite a chilly day at the castle but they served a lovely dinner there the gammon was delicious! I was very impressed with the dinner and the girls ate theirs well too.


                        

I have saved my picture of the day till last I am sure my mum didn't find this as funny as I did but it really made me laugh....

                          

Exhaustion.

As the end of the Christmas school holidays for the children got nearer to it's end so did everyone's patience with each other. I was running on empty from lack of daytime rest and the girls we're missing their friends and break from each other too.

                         

I took the girls out to a soft play area in an attempt to run off some of their energy but managed to aggravate my migraine, but the important thing was the children had a good time.

I haven't been sleeping well as of late. Some nights I have not been sleeping at all and others only getting approx 2-4 hours. It's exhausting! Night after night of lack of sleep can really take it's toll.

                                   

It's also not helped by having a regular bed invader and then one night I had 2 bed invaders. I was NOT impressed when the 2 of them climbed on in. They do however look very cute together snuggled up next to each other!

                         

Back to school.
Back to school and back to early morning starts booooo. I hate early mornings and the girls like lazy mornings when they wake up. They don't seem to have grasped the 'words hurry up'. Evie really is not bothered at all if she is late! Lillie doesn't like to be late but she seems to be a lastminuite.com kind of girl.

The week seems to have flown by not too sure where it went but I missed it. Maybe as I have had a stressful week and the girls have been back at school. I have been trying to catch up on my rest too that I have missed out on during the holidays. I have also been sorting through the girls clothes as yet again they both have had a growth spurt over the holidays. I am probably doing too much again but it has all got to be done.


                         

Fibro group.
This week I went to the hospitals Fibro information session that they run which I have waited about 7 months for a place on. Basically this was a 2.5 hour info session and after which you can decide on whether you want to sign up for a 4 week programme. Well I suppose the good news is that I have signed up for the 4 week programme. The bad news is that the introduction didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. I can't remember anything that was said second half after the tea break either. I forgot to take any handouts too. There were a few negative people in the group and I could have let out a cheer when one person decided she didn't want to do it as she was doing everything already perfectly (this was one of the ones with a negative attitude). I hope to God I get something out of the 4 week programme! I did however get to meet a lovely lady off one of the groups I am on which is great! I will blog in detail about my 4 week fibro course when I start it which will be in February and hopefully I will remember more. This first week was just very basic and I have said more in my past blogs than they have covered anyway!

More adventures.

Today we got the train to Birmingham and went to go and watch James and the giant peach. It was a really good production and both girls really enjoyed it, although there was one part where it was a bit scary. There were some very loud bangs which Nanny jumped more than the children did which Lillie then found hilarious! It was nice for the girls to go to a different theatre for a change too. Afterwards we went for lunch at pizza hut (girls request) before we headed back home on the train.


                      

Matchsticks 

Tonight the one night I am actually feeling sleepy and I am actually having to practically keep my eyes open with match sticks as I have a poorly Evie in my bed. I have had to go and get her and bring her in as I could hear her having an asthma attack. It has come so out of the blue. I am now wondering if it's all the cold weather and drop in the temperature. When your a mother you can never switch off! As a single mummy I am on call 24/7!

                              

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year :) Warwick Castle looks fab and your girls looked gorgeous as princesses xx

    ReplyDelete