Monday 17 December 2012

Hibernation.


Peek a boo!
It's been quite a while since I posted last. I really suffer with the fibro over the winter and I almost hibernate due to the affect the cold has on me. I have also recently spent some time in hospital having my appendix out, kidney infection and burst ovarian cyst. It all seems to come at once! This in turn has affected the fibro and knocked me for six.

The past few weeks I have also been trying to fit in school plays/ assemblies, appointments and trying to get organised for Christmas. I have to say my youngest Evie was a fab angel and sang her little heart out and my eldest Lillie played beautifully in her guitar assembly! They made me one proud mummy!

The weeks all of a sudden seem to have flown by and there is just over a week left! Thank goodness for internet shopping. I can shop in the warm, at a time I choose which is normally the middle of the night when I can't sleep and not have to worry about hurting myself carrying any heavy bags home. God bless the internet!

                                                 

Lack of pacing.
So it seems I am not pacing myself properly. I have fallen behind with what I needed to get done and then tried to play catch up and cram it all in. It hasn't worked. However, I don't want to not do things with my children so sometimes it's the price you have to pay. This weekend we enjoyed a trip to see Santa and also a trip to Narnia to see the snow queen. The girls really loved it. I didn't enjoy queuing for over an hour just to get on the sleigh ride to see santa. We also have been out for a meal with my mum which was nice for the 4 of us to all go out together.

Our Trip to Narnia!


The sleigh ride we took on the way to Santa's house.


Santa!


As much as the above activities tired me out it was worth it to spend some time with my children and seeing them enjoy the magic of this time of year! When your not well you have to try and do these things when you can with the children which is why I tend to end up over doing it then. However, at least when I have over done it at least they are back at school so I can rest!


                         

Clearing out the bad.

My last post was short and brief mainly as I was angry and upset over things that we're posted on my facebook wall by my so called friends. As with many Fibro sufferers we face judgement from all angles even those who we 'think' are friends. Whilst it was very upset and hurtful at the time, people making out like Fibro is nothing and that you make stuff up I am now past it. I have had a friends clear out and got rid of negative people like that. I don't need that in my life, I was in hospital and I should be able to comment freely on my own status about how I am so I can update friends and family. It did however, show me who my real friends were!

Sadly I am not the only person I know that this has happened to. I am sick of seeing people tell people to do a 'little voluntary work', 'get out more', 'make more of an effort' and the worst of all 'it's all in your head'. If you can't say anything comforting it's better not to say anything at all!


                                 


'Tis the season to be Jolly....'

This is sometimes easier said than done. A lot of Fibro sufferers are worse in the winter and I am one of them. I have been feeling a bit down but I don't think this has helped with everything that I have had going on. I also am waiting for my doctors appointment as yet again I have low vitamin D levels despite being on a high dose of vitamin D. I also am changing my meds to try and help with the pain and tiredness. As with all things trying new fibro meds is a lottery what works for one may not work for another. I can but give it a go. I have been suffering lately with my Endometriosis and Adenomyosis and so hopefully I can get either referred to gyne clinic or some better meds for that too.

I have however turned a corner and am now fully into the Christmas swing of things. We have recently had a photo shoot which I loved and had some fab pictures of the girls and that helped to cheer me up! I have been busy wrapping presents which has seemed like an endless task. I wish i could remember how much I hate wrapping when I buy all this stuff! To be fair I have done most of it now but I am waiting for more deliveries to come.

It's the dreaded food shop that's the worst and that I have to do in the next few days. I was going to go tomorrow but my leg is playing up at the min so unless I take my mum for help and go on the granny mobile (supermarket electric wheelchairs) then I can't go tomorrow. Whilst it is great fun going on it and helps me enormously I hate the looks I get whilst I am in it. I think people think I am messing about in them seeing as I am only 29! I feel self concious in them, especially if I see someone from the school.

Some of our photo shoot pics....

       

                                                   

       

                             

    

                                         

                          

                          

One thing that never changes.

Throughout it all there is one thing that never changes and that is how much I love my girls. They are my world and they make me so proud of them. They cope remarkably well with me and my health and for that I am thankful. They can also be very helpful. My eldest will often comment on my limitations and my disability not in a nasty way but in an understanding and mature way. I just hope I make them proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment